Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sisters, cousins and proms

Sisters and girl cousins, all of which are younger, are not supposed to grow up. They are supposed to stay little sisters forever. But then I hear stuff like they are going to proms with their boyfriends. THEN I recieve pictures of them where they have the temerity to look like girls!

What the frig is this? Since when are they supposed to grow up and be all... mankiller-like? I had to deal with this with one sister already, and now its a cousin AND a sister. I have this ingrained older brother trait that I need to get past I think. Basically, realizing that my younger close female siblings are no longer kids and are now young adults. That is hard to do.

I threatened to sit on the porch with a shotgun at my other sister's prom and I really would do it for my youngest. I even scared a guy when I was casually holding a hammer once and was talking about how precious my sisters were to him. Ms. Rose probly remembers that. Anyhow, as is usual, my oldest younger sis totured me with stories of my youngest sis growing up. Then, I had to hear about my cousin in the same manner. It's maddening I tell you. I'm proud of them, im happy for them, and I just have to accept the fact that they arent kids anymore. Sigh... My family rocks.

In closing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you too. And as much as we roll our eyes at you being protective and tease you with stories you really shouldn't hear, don't ever stop being protective. There's no greater feeling in the world than knowing that even from a gazillion miles away, we're still protected by someone like you. I miss you terribly big brother.

Anonymous said...

This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy or something.

I never had an older brother, and my older sister and I were competing for the same guys, so it's just a perspective I think is great.

My hopes is that my son becomes protective of his sister like that as he gets older :)