Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Movie Review: Batman Begins

I give this movie 3 out of 5. Thats right, 60%, meaning it is just ok. Im so tired of seeing people running about and ranting that this is such a great movie. It isnt. For those of you who think it is, I have something for you. Here is a quarter, go buy some taste. Then go back and watch the movie again.

Now that that is over with. Let me get to the movie. It was not bad per se. There were definately some very entertaining moments in it. The scene where he summons the bats was different from previous batman movies. It was inventive, yet fit with the overall genre. This was a good thing. Bale doing a suedo Two Face/Batman routine where he changed voices when he put on the Batman suit just drove me well... batty. I mean c'mon, watch out, he's using the grr.. I am the dark knight voice. Bad guys beware. It was silly, and unnecessary.

Moving on. The wench. Holmes looks good, but I didnt feel that she was the right girl for the role. She was decent, but they could have put many a young actress in there and had the same results. Now our villain, he was inspiring! He did the job of giving you that 'I want to wash myself after meeting him' feeling. Overall, it was a decent movie. Worth renting at home. Id put it next to orginal batman. Hey, at least it was better than that one batman with clooney and his nipple suit.

No comments: